The SYSTEC-LEMR activities are mainly developed within the context of SYSTEC-ENERGY thematic line and involve the development of:
- Hardware and real time software for power converters and systems control as well as for distributed instrumentation with tele-operation, tele-maintenance and observation techniques for products full life cycle.
- Test benches for laboratory essay of power converters, batteries, specific components, and systems, namely, EVs powertrain, renewable generation systems integrated into grid.
- Software tools for power circuits, control systems, electromechanical systems, power systems and grid.
- Optimization software for power system operation, integrating smart grid technologies and new paradigms using forecast and real-time information.
- Innovative technologies for electric vehicles and transport systems.
- Integrated intelligent concepts and solutions for smart building systems.
- Prototypes of innovative technologies for efficient consumption appliances.
These activities continue the tradition of developments of the IE – Industrial Electronics group of ISR Porto, from which it inherits most of its members and welcomes new researchers working on energy (A description and activities of the ISRP-IE group can be found here).
LEMR is located in the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department at FEUP, in rooms i104 and i-115.